2018 Black History Month Celebration
Schedule of Events
1st Sunday – Super Sunday – Faith of a Champion – Phil 4:13
- Wear your favorite sport’s team colors or jersey
- Take the Super Bowl Guess Challenge!
Missionary Project: Bring in face towels for the Rock Hill New Hope Treatment Center Boys Unit. Place your towels in the bin of the team you support or who you think will win the Super Bowl. Bins will remain in the vestibule through the 3rd Sunday.
- Bring in sports pictures of you in your high school or college glory to post in the vestibule. Let’s see if we can figure out who is who.
2nd Sunday – Agape Sunday
- Wear Red
- Join us for Love Fellowship breakfast and Sunday School sponsored by Young Adult Ministries. Breakfast starts at 9 am. Sunday School 9:45 am
- Join the “Couples March” – fill out the short profile sheet located in the vestibule. Please turn in to Jean Waiters by 1st Sunday
- Memorize Romans 12:9-16 this week. Pray over each verse asking God to work these qualities into your life. Pick one or two areas you need to grow and write down where you need to begin.
- Pick up an aluminum pan to bring your dish for the Soul Food Feast on next Sunday. Pans can be gotten from Culinary Team.
3rd Sundays – Soul Food Feast
- Wear African attire
- Soul Food Feast – join us as we fellowship in the old-time way with tasty soul food from our members. One big Sunday afternoon meal just like at Big Momma’s house.
4th Sunday – This is Our Story –
- Celebrate Zion Ministries and Steele Hill Founders – the children and youth departments will lead our celebration.
- · Shine the Light!
We want to recognize our own members who shine the light for Christ. Nominate a person who you feel promotes unity and service within the church and community, participates in church ministries, and leads others through words and deeds. The categories are as follows:
Up and Coming -up to age 18
Taking the Lead -ages 19 – 39
Making a Difference – ages 40-65
Living Legends – ages 65 and up
Nomination forms are in the vestibule. Please turn in to Tina Johnson by the 3rd Sunday.